Rifeng W is a closed-cell rigid PMI foam base on Polymethacrylimide (PMI) polymer, that is completely free of CFC's. It's with Medium Cell Size.
Rifeng W is specially developed for use as a structural core in connection with vacuum infusion processes, such as VARI and RTM. Its mechanical and thermomechanical properties are similar to the Rifeng WH. Its cell size which is smaller, achieves an optimal compromise between low resin absorption (about 35% less than for Rifeng WH), and satisfactory bonding of the facings to the core.
With outstanding mechanical strength, it is used for infusion components in aerospace applications and in sports equipment and automotive structures. Also is an ideal sandwich core material for UAV(unmanned aerial vehicle), radomes, shipbuilding and other industrial applications. Moreover, in the medical technology application, Rifeng W is a common core material for X-ray and CT table tops.
The high density Rifeng W PMI foam core material suitable for underwater buoyancy materials.
Processing and Production
The optimized cell structure of Rifeng W makes it particularly suitable for vacuum infusion and RTM processes, where it can take curing temperatures up to 130 °C and pressures up to 0.7 MPa. After heat treatment, Rifeng W-HT can even be used at curing temperatures of 180 °C and at pressures of 0.7 MPa.
Rifeng W featuring a fine cell structure, make sure it takes up minimal resin at the surface where the cells have been cut open during core shaping. Less resin take-up during part processing means lower final part weight and reduced overall cost.
Thermoforning and Shaping
Rifeng W can be easilly thermoforming or CNC machining to meet customer requirements. High precision, pre-shaped and ready- to- use foam cores in simple or complex geometries can also be supplied by us.
Elongation at Break
Heat distortion resistance
● Technical data values presented are typical for nominal density, subject to normal manufacturing variations, not applicable for designing and acceptance. Please contact our QA team for material criterion and standard.
● Density values are valid for full-size sheets with a minimum thickness of 10 mm(0.39 inch) only. Other density ranges are available upon request.
Sales range for Rifeng W
2500 x 1250
2500 x 1250
2500 x 1250
2300 x 1250
1900 x 900
● All dimension ranges presented in these tables are standard. To discuss any size or thickness not listed, please contact a Rifeng representative.
● 1-4 mm thick sheets supplied in 1/4 or 1/2 sheet size.
● Thickness tolerance ± 0.2 mm, length / width tolerance ± 2 mm, other tolerances available on request.