Rifeng® P is a universal PVC structural foam.
Rifeng P provides excellent mechanical properties to low weight. The unique PVC chemical structure, yields impressive mechanical performance to a low weight. Rifeng P has been widely used and has a proven track record in virtually every application area where sandwich composites are employed including the marine (leisure, military and commercial), land transportation, wind energy, civil engineering/infrastructure and general industrial markets.
Rifeng P is ideal for applications subject to fatigue, slamming or impact loads. Other key features of Rifeng P include consistent high quality, excellent adhesion/peel strength, excellent chemical resistance, low water absorption and good thermal/acoustic insulation. Rifeng P is compatible with virtually all commonly used resin and manufacturing systems.
● Closed-cell structure, cross-linked foam
● Excellent mechanical properties at a low density
● Superior damage tolerance
● Low resin uptake
● Good chemical resistance
● Wide range of properties
● Fast and easy to process
● Good fatigue properties
● Low water absorption
● High temperature stability
● Vacuum Forming
● Spray up
● Hand lay-up
● Prepreg Lamination
● Mid & Low Temperature curing in vulcanization tank
● Finishing Options, other dimensions and closer tolerances upon request
● The data provided gives approximate values for the nominal density and DNV minimum values according to DNV type approval certificate.
● The information contained herein is believed to be correct and to correspond to the latest state of scientific and technical knowledge. However, no warranty is made, either expressed or implied, regarding its accuracy or the results to be obtained from the use of such information. No statement is intended or should be construed as a recommendation to infringe any existing patent.
After the sheets are sliced, no extra surface treatment. For the curved surface, it can be adapted by the thermoforming of the plain sheets.
The foam is cut into small particles in length and width direction on one side. The glass fiber scrim is bonded on the other side.
It is used on the curved surface.
Suitable for curved surface
Have the around 2mm diameter hole in the foam, the actual hole size can be adjusted based on the foam core thickness and the density.
With the hole, the air under the sheets can be expelled and the resin will be fluid to another side.
The sheet surface is grooved as the resin infusion channel. The groove can be made on one side or both sides, in one direction or both directions.
With the resin infusion processing method, the groove will be used as the resin infusion channels, expel the air in the layup.
Grooved And Perforated Foam
Based on the grooved surface finishing sheets, have the hole in the groove, the diameter is 2mm, the groove can be in the length direction or the width direction, the groove distance is 20mm.
▲ The developable surface means the surface can be developed in to a plain, such as the column surface. In such case, when using the double curved surface or the contour cut sheets, we only need to have the scored cut in one direction to be compatible with the curved surface.
▲ Hand layup is a very simple and easy-effective processing method, with single side tooling and room temperature curing epoxy resin, the reinforcement can be short chopped strand mat or oriented fiber glass, such as the un-twisted roving fabric. The properties of hand layup processing is one smooth surface finishing, can not monitor the part thickness, fiber content, void content and the finishing of backside, but the processing skills are relatively simple.
▲ Press molding processing method is to press molding in the closed tooling under heating. The properties of the press molding is that it needs both the male tooling and the female tooling, the finished parts have 2 smooth surface finishing and we can control the thickness, quality and fiber content accurately, but the processing cost is relatively higher.
▲ Resin infusion technology means one kind or some kinds of resin are infused into the close tooling cavity under the pressure. The required pressure can be applied with the vacuum (vacuum assisted resin infusion), gravity, the pump or the pressured tank. The most common vacuum assisted resin infusion system is using single side tooling, another side covered with the vacuum bag, vacuum assisted resin infusion.
● Hulls, decks, bulkheads, superstructures, interiors
Road and Rail
● Roof panels, interiors, floors, doors, partition walls, side skirts, front-ends
● Rotor blades, nacelles, turbine generator housings
Aircraft and Aerospace
● Interiors, radomes, galley carts, general aviation (fuselage and wing)
Sports & Leisure Equipments
● Skis, snowboards, surfboards, wakeboards, canoes, kayaks
● Tooling, tanks, ductwork, containers, covers